STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT FOR SAP IMPLEMENTATION
The company is a public transit society. The maintenance department (unionized environment) performs repair and manufacturing of critical parts for vehicles to go back services when breakages happen. Du to the necessity to supply parts rapidly and sometimes in emergency, the activities management of this department require fast and efficient decision and execution.
Define and Measure phases
- Define the project scope (constraints and limits) and do a meeting with all stakeholders;
- Establish the project chart (goals, scope and stakeholders clearly defined);
- Define project deliverables;
- Plant tour to establish what the operational management current picture is.
- Organize and conduct a Kaizen event to establish the actual situation with the stakeholders and to initiate the project (Benchmarkign - good pratices presentation).
Analyze and Improve phases
- Analyze the actual industrial model and present results;
- Organize and conduct Kaizen workshops to define the possible scenarios of the future industrial model;
- Evaluate the different possible models with the AHP method and define the impact, costs and benefits of thoses models on the organization and on thefuture IT system required for the modifications;
- Evaluate the impact of the chosen scenario ( manufacturing model and the inventory and material flow management model) on the R&R, the costs and modifications to IT system required;
- Ensure that the supply chain model and the maintenance department model are functional together to well prepare the SAP solution implementation:
- Prepare and produce the necessary documentation to support the vision and future strategy to initiate the optimization program;
- Create a final report with the presentation of the new global vision for production management and flow of the maintenance department.
- Production master plan established and validated with the organization;
- Better knowledge of repair methodologies and delays (methods department);
- Better control on machines and resources utilization rate;
- Securing of production delays and answers to clients requests;
- Optimized costs management;
- Reduction of non-value added activities;
- Better control on new parts management;
- Possibility of work cells modularity (equipment adding, activities transfer);
- Reduction of in process parts for the articles with known needs.