The company is an important repair and remanufacturing railway company. To contribute to the operational efficiency optimization and increase, the organization must standardize its processes and make them more efficient.
- Define the project scope (constraints and limits) and do a meeting with all stakeholders;
- Establish the project chart (goals, scope and stakeholders clearly defined);
- Define project deliverables;
- Plant tour to establish what the operational management current picture is.
- Identify value-added and non-value added activities by doing a work sampling study;
- Lead workshops to evaluate the interactions between all employees that take action in the processes.
- Analyze value-added versus non value-added;
- Identify and quantify waste reduction opportunities;
- Lead a workshop with the stakeholders to guide them in identifying waste sources and to find improvements opportunities.
- Elaborate a list of recommendations and an implementation plan;
- Create a cost / benefits matrix for the implementation of the different improvements.
- Up to 30 % efficiency gain;
- More than 1 000 000$ possible additional income;
- Higher reliability on production delays and faster answer to clients requests;
- Better control of material handling;
- Reduction of the non-value added in workstations;
- Resources optimization;
- Reduction of the variation between planned hours and real hours;
- Production planning more accurate.