Our client is a hospital affiliated with a major university’s Medical Faculty. The hospital’s Building Service has started working with a CAMM application (Computer Assisted Maintenance Management), but the inventory management module is not being used. The Building Service would like to initiate a pilot project, so that parts can be entered into the CAMM application and their costs linked to work orders.
Define and Measure phases
- Define the project scope (constraints and limits) and do a meeting with all stakeholders;
- Establish the project chart (goals, scope and stakeholders clearly defined);
- Define project deliverables;
- Department tour to establish what the current picture is.
- Establish a parts list (including more than 800 articles).
Analyze and Improve phases
- Establish parts selection criterias to manage in the CAMM;
- Establish the parts entry processes in the CAMM;
- Attribute parts and their costs to work orders in the CAMM;
- Improve the department layout;
- Improve the way parts are managed;
- Implement a 5S and initiate the changes: sort and arrange items to promote efficient workflow, clean work areas and identify parts;
- Implement a Kanban supply system to benefit from the advantages of a pull flow stock management.